Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hummm, how do you distress a lamp base? ...


Hummmm, how do you distress a freshly painted lamp base?  I read that you have to rub away at where natural wear and tear would occur … still, hummmm??? Whilst I was mid distress a friend called around with a very welcome pack of posh mince to perk the poorly Bert dog up.  When I asked for tips on distressing her advice was “just tell it it’s fat, that should work”!  Also, factor in my need for perfection and I really had my work cut out. 

This is my first attempt …
Now, there is a fine line between distressed and just looking tatty and I clearly crossed it!  On to the second attempt ...
Much better.

I'm still not sure if I prefer the pristine or 'worn' look but it's starting to grow on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment