Sunday 15 January 2012

When is a bargain not a bargain? …


I couldn't believe my luck when I found three lovely cushion covers being sold for £1.00 each in a local interiors shop, they were swiped up and purchased within the blink of an eye.  As soon as I got home I turfed off existing cushion covers to adorn the pads with new delights only to find the new covers were a non standard size – damn!  This lead to a wild goose chase trying to find non-standard sized cushion pads, I can confirm these do not exist in West Oxfordshire.  There was nothing for it but to make new pads, a project that didn't fill me with glee I have to say.  I bought some cheap pillows and this afternoon set about making the right sized inserts.  It was surprising really quick and easy and the exciting part came when I was able to insert the correct sized cushion in to the new covers.  Finally, the bargain purchase came good.



1 comment: