Thursday 6 September 2012

Becoming our Hermie ...

My husband and I spent a very exhausting Sunday giving Hermie a complete spring clean and spruce up.
I set about cleaning the inside while my husband vaxed all of the  seat cushions and foam for the bunk beds.
We both thought "ah, this won't take too long, everything is dinky"
HOW WRONG WERE WE?
All day was spent cleaning every inch of our home from home and I can not stress how totally 'ick' it is to clean somewhere that contains 20 years of some elses dirt, grime and bodily hair ~ eww!
Finally it's all done and is now spick and span, our elbow grease was certainly worth it as he's now smelling and looking oh so clean.
Now the fun part can begin ~ filling him with things collected to make him look and feel like our very own little fiberglass home.

Lil Bess staking claim to her fav spot.

Kitchen area before:

Kitchen area after
(just look at the shine bouncing off those clean surfaces!)

One of the cupboards starting to fill up with goodies.

Seating area before (with our 'new home' pressie) ...

Seating area after ...

Kids area before ...

And after ...


Shower room/toilet before...
This was by far the worst part to clean (just opening the door to take this photo made me gag).

and after ...
I still can't bring myself to take a photo of the room as a whole but take my word for it, it's very clean now. Along with cleaning we removed the mirror, toilet roll holder & other old ick things.

Windows and door wide open to the max letting fresh air in ...
Clean, tidy and finally closed up after a busy day ...
The extension! ...

Guard dog busy guarding ...
Theres still sooooo much more to do and get but we've made a start on making our mark 
x