Thursday 25 October 2012

I think I have a mind disorder ...


Definition of 'obsess'
v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es
v.tr. To preoccupy the mind excessively.
v.intr.  To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic:
 
                            ~ ~ ~
 
Oh man, I think I have a mind disorder aka obsessing over shiny things? I just can't stop seeking them out! I've tried to walk away but 'obsess' to the point I start to panic buy all shiny items. Below is yesterdays hoard of panic bought glitz and sparkle ...
 






 I have run out of ideas when it comes to using the tonne of bling I have. I've used broaches to decorate cushions, tie backs, pinned them on hand bags, to the bow of a present, on to plain shoes, on to fabric heart decorations, on to each piece of fabric on a line of bunting, on lampshades, on purses, as buttons  ... blah, quite frankly I could go on and on. Our home and furnishings are starting to strain under the weight of sparkly blingage.

I really need to get the magpie in me under control, the sooner the better, before bling completely takes over and finds itself donning my builder husbands work bag and my sons book bag. Seriously, in an attempt to justify my mind disorder and convince myself the next piece of bling is a true necessity this may not be too far fetched if I don't stop my mind from obsessing.
Oh help!!!