Sunday 10 March 2013

For the love of baby birds ...

Happy mothers day to all Mums,
whether your a mother to an actual person or to a furry creature


Enjoy xx

~ ~ ~
For the love of baby birds ...
 
 
I have been collecting fluff from the tumble dryer filter all winter and putting it in a bird feeder. (I know, slightly tragic).

 
The reason behind such random behaviour? I have a romantic notion that lil dicky birds will come along and take it to their nests which they have lovingly rebuilt ready for an impending family. Then, when their chicks are born, they will snuggle down in the warm fluff left over from our socks.  Fingers crossed those lil birds think the same way I do and they help themselves to free nest fluff, hum may be I should make a sign so they know what its for !!! ;)
 
~ ~ ~
 
This week has seen me fiddling and twiddling sticks.
My fiddlings have made these ...
 
Whilst on a dog walk I collected straight sticks then, once home used a small hand saw to cut them to roughly the same length. Then came the fiddly part ~ grrrr. I used a glue gun to glue three sticks together (at the ends) to make a star then glued one star on top of the other, placing the top one upside down (hope I'm making sense). I then drove myself scatty twisting twine around the ends of each stick as the glue is just a temporary measure and the sticks eventually come apart as they dry out. The ones I made are quite large so I decided to hang them outside. I was soooo chuffed with my free handmade decoration concocted from foraged finds until I stood back to admire what can only be described as ....
 
 
Blair Witch Project in our back garden!!!
 
 
I think I'll make much smaller, discrete ones next time ~ ooops!
 
~ ~ ~
 
 
 I have jumped on the Washi Tape bandwagon and frankly I don't know why its taken me so long. This particular bandwagon takes me 'right up my street'. The prettiest sticky tape imaginable that's uses are as endless as your imagination ~ pure bliss. I know I am gonna go Washi mad and cover everything in sight if I don't getta grip so for now I have just used it to make a quick card.
 
 
  
Everything I look at though is crying out to be Washi'ed at the moment (starting with my Blair Witch sticks above).
 I think I may have found a replacement for my glitter mania!! 
 
~ ~ ~
 
My long suffering husband and I have a fairly big Wedding Anniversary coming up next month ~ 15 years ~ whoop whoop!
 
For 15 years of wedded bliss the traditional present given is Crystal. Yay, I think my husband is crying out for a lovely vintage crystal chandelier ...
 
wink, wink.
 
~ ~ ~
 
 My fav photo of the week is this, taken whilst on a dog walk.
 
 
I'm not sure what it is but there is something about it that I love. It draws me back that peaceful and tranquil place in the middle of no where in amongst woodland. That's one of the many attributes  photos have, it can take you back to a moment or place at a glance. This is one of the reasons why I never tire of taking photos, they plot our journey through life and time.
 
~ ~ ~
 
What have I been listening to this week? Well, a very enjoyable blast from the past as it happens. I couldn't decide which one to post so I've included them both to pleasure your ears ...
 
 
 
and ...
 
 
x x
 
~ ~ ~
 
Until next Sunday, bye y'all xx
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment